Wreath shaped card using Festive Friends stamps & dies.

Not been very well over the last 3/4 weeks and have struggled to sit on the laptop for too long which means I am well behind in sharing my projects from the recent Tonic Studios 'Festive Friends stamps and dies' launch with Paula on Hochanda. Below is one of the projects I made for the launch ...


I have fallen in love with circular cards at the moment and appear to be making them at every opportunity. This time I have used an acetate base with the Craft Perfect acetate from Tonic Studios. If you haven't had the chance to try out this acetate, I can say with my hand on heart, it is brilliant: heavy duty, sturdy and built for construction projects.


I began by creating my card base and then layering my wreath: made using layering circles, Intrica Wild Vine dies and ribbon.


Next I stamped the Circle Bauble stamp on to patterned paper, cut out using the matching outer die. On a smaller piece of paper, I stamped the ribbon part only and hand cut it, mounting it on top of the bauble base layer. This was placed on the card at a 'jaunty angle'.


I stamped just the same bauble twice on to another piece of paper, cutting out the outside edge but this time taking away the top detail. On the second bauble, I did the same as before but also cut out the inner part to create my circular frame. On a piece of water colour card, I stamped one of the Festive Cats image, (using Black Shadow Nuvo Hybrid ink) and coloured with my Nuvo Brush Script pens. I have then cut the image out and mounted inside the circular frame.



The sentiment is from the Festive Sentiments stamp set - part of the same collection - and stamped with Safari Green Nuvo Hybrid ink on to decorative paper, stuck on to the same card as my wreath. As a final finishing touch, I cut a selection of different sized poinsettias using Poinsettia Vine strip die and added some bright gold crystal drop centres.


I have decorated the inside of the bauble too to hide all the gluing and also give people somewhere to write but sadly didn't think to take a photo of this ... doh!

Did you catch the launch with Paula? The projects made by the DT were fabulous with oodles of ideas and inspiration in case your Christmas mojo has gone for a walk. You can see lots of the ideas on the Tonic Studios Pinterest page or on the Tonic Studios FaceBook page. If you get the chance do pop over.

Lou
x x x

Products and links:



I would like to enter my festive feline friend (love a bit of alliteration) in to the following challenges:
A bit more time to craft - anything goes
Christmas Card Challenges - anything goes
International Art & Soul - anything but square & rectangle
The Ribbon Girls - any image + ribbon
Crafty Friends - cute
My time to craft - cats

Comments

Jackie T said…
Hi Lou this is a stunning card that cat image is just too cute. Take care. Hugs Jackie
CraftyGirl said…
Thank you for playing along this week at International Art & Soul. I sure hope to see you back again very soon!!!

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
International Art & Soul DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
KarinsArtScrap said…
this is gorgeous Lou

gr karin
Diane Louise J said…
Hello Lou
It’s lovely to see you have joined in the ‘Cute’ challenge at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Beautiful Christmas card design using a super cute Reindeer kitten image and great colouring too... Good luck in the draw and we hope you will come back again very soon.
Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]
Creaine said…
Very nice. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends.
Bye, Groetjes van Ine (DT)
http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/
Laura ElleBi said…
What a lovely card!
Thanks for joining Crafty Friends

DT Laura
CraftyGirl said…
Thank you for playing along this week at International Art & Soul. I sure hope to see you back again very soon!!!

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
International Art & Soul DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com